Re: Enforcing uniqueness on [real estate/postal] addresses - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Devoy
Subject Re: Enforcing uniqueness on [real estate/postal] addresses
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello everyone

Thank you all for your suggestions.  I had neither heard of partial
unique indexes nor
considered using COALESCE so I will explore both of these as options
and update the
thread with how it goes.

>Then, if you can define a problem where you feel having a unique table constraint over
>the field is the correct solution [...] you should post the problem and take suggestions on
>ways to solve it.
I am not sure if I have such a problem :)  I tried to simplify my
example for the sake of
brevity but if I cannot get the above to work I will post the full problem.

Kind regards

Peter