Re: PostgreSQL client hangs sometimes on 'EXEC SQL PREPARE sid_sisisinst FROM :select_anw;' - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL client hangs sometimes on 'EXEC SQL PREPARE sid_sisisinst FROM :select_anw;'
Date
Re: PostgreSQL client hangs sometimes on 'EXEC SQL PREPAREsid_sisisinst FROM :select_anw;'  (Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>)
List pgsql-general
Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de> writes:
> Below is the exchange. The visible strings are: 'sisis' (the PG user),
> 'sisis123' (its password in PG, a dummy password used for testing) and
> 'srap32dxr1' the hostname. The server is terminating the connection with
> a F-pkg:

[ squint... ]  That looks nothing like a Postgres-protocol exchange
to me.  If it weren't for the runs of zeroes, I'd wonder if the
connection had SSL encryption turned on.  Perhaps you captured the
wrong session?

            regards, tom lane