Re: Fwd: Fwd: Problem with pg_dump and decimal mark - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eric Svenson
Subject Re: Fwd: Fwd: Problem with pg_dump and decimal mark
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Adrian,

here are the results of today:

> How where the Postgres instances installed?
>   From a package?

Yes. It is Version 9.2 for Windows, comment of the package is
"The PostgreSQL RDBMS, version 9.2, packaged by EnterpriseDB"

>  Compiled and if so with what compiler and what settings?
No.

> Use --inserts with pg_dump to get INSERT statements instead of a COPY and then feed to psql.
> This will slow the process down, so I would try with a small sample set.

Much slower, but still the same error:

(part of the output)

INSERT 50415934 1
INSERT 50415935 1
INSERT 50415936 1
INSERT 50415937 1
INSERT 50415938 1
INSERT 50415939 1
ERROR:  invalid input syntax for type double precision: "0.10000000000000001"

> Do pg_dump -Fc and then use pg_restore.

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 2558; 0 5161040 TABLE DATA dev_my_settings my_Database
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] COPY failed for table "dev_my_settings": ERROR:  invalid input syntax
for type double precision: "0.10000000000000001"
CONTEXT:  COPY dev_meas_settings, line 718, column dms_dble_value: "0.10000000000000001"
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 2552; 0 5160884 TABLE DATA file_item my_Database
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] COPY failed for table "file_item": ERROR:  invalid input syntax for type
 double precision: "48.200082999999999"
CONTEXT:  COPY file_item, line 54, column fi_latitude: "48.200082999999999"
WARNING: errors ignored on restore: 2

Regards,
Eric