Re: Fwd: Fwd: Problem with pg_dump and decimal mark - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Fwd: Fwd: Problem with pg_dump and decimal mark
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/05/2014 01:13 AM, Eric Svenson wrote:

> Hi Adrian,
>
>>Is the above how the message was actually presented or has a partialtranslation taken >place? Just asking because it
wouldseem to indicate
> further confusion about the locale.
>
> This is an exact copy of the screen contents, no translation by me has
> taken place. Indeed strange, "ERROR" (english) "KONTEXT" (german, one
> line below) ??
>
> To add further confusion: I have a report that the error also appeared
> on a non-VM native PC with Windows 7 Enterprise. Unfortunately, I dont
> have the exact error message, but I try to get it ASAP.

Well nothing came back to me on VMware and locales, but that does not
seem to be the issue if the above is correct.

So:

How where the Postgres instances installed?
   From a package?
   Compiled and if so with what compiler and what settings?

What happens if you?:

Use --inserts with pg_dump to get INSERT statements instead of a COPY
and then feed to psql.
This will slow the process down, so I would try with a small sample set.

Do pg_dump -Fc and then use pg_restore.

The above are more a way of seeing if the issue is on a particular path
or is generic, than a solution.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com