Re: Concurrent CREATE TABLE/DROP SCHEMA leaves inconsistent leftovers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nikhil Sontakke
Subject Re: Concurrent CREATE TABLE/DROP SCHEMA leaves inconsistent leftovers
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Yeah thanks, that does the object locking. For pre-9.1 versions, we will
> need a similar solution. I encountered the issue on 8.3.x..

I don't think we should back-patch a fix of this type.  There is a lot
of cruftiness of this type scattered throughout the code base, and if
we start back-patching all the fixes for it, we're going to end up
destabilizing older branches for little real benefit.

Ok, understood.

Thanks and Regards,
Nikhils