Re: [Doc] pg_restore documentation didn't explain how to useconnection string - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lætitia Avrot
Subject Re: [Doc] pg_restore documentation didn't explain how to useconnection string
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. My point was using a connection string is not documented. Here is PgBench documentation about dbname:

where dbname is the name of the already-created database to test in. (You may also need -h-p, and/or -U options to specify how to connect to the database server.)

In the "Common Options" section of PgBench you can find the connect options.

Still nothing about how to use a connection string:

>pgbench accepts the following command-line common arguments:
>
>-h hostname
>--host=hostname
>The database server's host name
>
>-p port
>--port=port
>The database server's port number
>
>-U login
>--username=login
>The user name to connect as

I really just wanted to make a couple of comments, I have not intention on reviewing your proposal. So as a final note, dbname defaults to the username if no other information is found.

I do really appreciate that you took the time and your point of view is valuable to me.

Regards,

Lætitia