Re: [Doc] pg_restore documentation didn't explain how to useconnection string - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Juan José Santamaría Flecha
Subject Re: [Doc] pg_restore documentation didn't explain how to useconnection string
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 12:28 PM Lætitia Avrot <laetitia.avrot@gmail.com> wrote:
I do really appreciate that you took the time and your point of view is valuable to me.

I did not see your original mail from the 30th, we were talking about apples and oranges. Sorry for the noise.

I have gone though that original mail and the undocumented behaviour you are seeing is from libpq itself, maybe not intentional at tool level.

So, if you want to resize your proposal to a more manageable scope breaking it down at tool level might take you further, there you want to make sure the behaviour is actually supported.

Regards,

Juan José Santamaría Flecha