Re: non-trivial finalize() on AbstractJdbc2Statement - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Віталій Тимчишин
Subject Re: non-trivial finalize() on AbstractJdbc2Statement
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

2012/2/15 Imran <imranbohoran@gmail.com>

So I've tried to run jstack over five times and it kept in saying it can't walk over the threads. We have a fair amount of background processes running, not sure if that made jstack fail. I've read that its possible to hit the error on jstack. My thread dumps from jvisualvm doesn't show the priority of any threads.

I have visualvm 1.3. I can select application in the list -> popup menu with RMB -> thread dump. Another option is to click Thread Dump button in Threads tab of application open. This should open new tab with textual thread dump, pretty similar to jstack one.

Also the only thing the tread dumps have shown to me is that its waiting on RefernceQueue.remove, which holds the Finalizer objects that gets created due to finalize methods.

This means that ReferenceQueue is empty. If you wish to dig deeper you need to check same thing with unpatched driver.
Another option is to load OOM heap dump with visual vm, then click "Show threads" in the Summary, then check for Finalizer thread. If it could not keep up, you should see exact object that caused problems.
--
Best regards,
 Vitalii Tymchyshyn