Re: pg_standby for postgresql8.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: pg_standby for postgresql8.2
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 4:09 AM, khizer <khizer@srishtisoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    May i know how to install pg_standby for postgresql8.2 in ubuntu 10.10
>  OS
> I copied the pg_standby folder for compilation which has the files
> pg_standby.c, Makefile
>
> initially i tried with make, make install inside contrip/pg_standby folder
> but i got an err Makefile.global no such file r directory ...
>
> so i compiled and reinstalled postgresql8.2 but not able to find pg_standby,
> How can i solve this guys?

IIRC, the way to do this is to compile 8.3 for your platform,
including the pg_standby contrib module, and then just copy the binary
over to you system. Since it doesn't integrate directly, it will work
against 8.2, save for the %r macro (for removing unneeded xlog
segments). If you really need the %r capabilities, you might want to
look at OmniPITR, which doesn't require compiling and implements that
feature.

Robert Treat
play: xzilla.net
work: omniti.com