Re: remove pg_standby? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: remove pg_standby?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
6:36AM, Peter Eisentraut <<a href="mailto:peter_e@gmx.net">peter_e@gmx.net</a>> wrote:<br /> > > While
forremoving it. There is still the case where I'd like to use log-shipping<br /> > rather than replication. For
example,it's the case where I need to<br /> > compress WAL files before streaming them via very thin network.<br />
>We can set up log-shipping using standby_mode and without using<br /> > pg_standby, but it keeps emitting the
failureof restore_command while<br /> > while there is no WAL activity, and which is bothersome. So I still need<br
/>> pg_standby for log-shipping.<p dir="ltr">I didn't realize that part, but maybe we should fix that instead of
keepingpg_standby around? <p dir="ltr">(BTW, you can use streaming with compression as well using ssl of course, but it
won'tget quite the same levels due to smaller block sizes. And there are certainly still reasons for file based
standbysso we should definitely not remove that) <p dir="ltr">/Magnus <br />