Re: remove pg_standby? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: remove pg_standby?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 6:36 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> While we're talking about removing old things, is there any use left for
> pg_standby?

-1 for removing it. There is still the case where I'd like to use log-shipping
rather than replication. For example, it's the case where I need to
compress WAL files before streaming them via very thin network.
We can set up log-shipping using standby_mode and without using
pg_standby, but it keeps emitting the failure of restore_command while
while there is no WAL activity, and which is bothersome. So I still need
pg_standby for log-shipping.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao