Re: The purpose of the core team - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: The purpose of the core team
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 6:29 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

On 06/11/2015 07:12 AM, Robert Haas wrote:

Hopefully this will be helpful to people.

I believe the core team is suffering from a lack of members who are
involved in writing, reviewing, and committing patches.  Those things
are not core functions of the core team, as that charter illustrates.

Bruce: Committer, maintains pg_upgrade and reviews patches here and there.

Magnus: Committer, primary Windows dude and reviews patches here and there.

Not sure that's a fair title at this point. Both Andrew and Michael seem to be doing more of that than me these days, for example. (I do review patches here and there, but not as much as I'd like)

Peter: Committer, reviews patches not only on -hackers but also -docs

Tom: Enough said

Dave: Committer, agreed that he doesn't do much -hackers work but I guarantee you he provides a unique perspective to the rest of his group due to his management of PgAdmin and an entire team at EDB.

Dave is not and never was a committer on the actual postgresql code - only on other subprojects.