Re: The purpose of the core team - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: The purpose of the core team
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/11/2015 09:49 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 06/11/2015 12:29 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>

>> JoshB: Advocacy. There is a strong argument that does not need to be a
>> core position.
>>

> I strongly disagree with this. On the contrary, I think there is a very
> good argument that FOR such a position in core.

In the past, absolutely. However we have a very strong and powerful
advocacy network now including two non-profits that are heavily involved.

That said, I am not advocating that the the position be removed as much
as stating that in my opinion it isn't necessary.

JD