Re: cgit view availabel - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: cgit view availabel
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 5:00 PM Victor Yegorov <vyegorov@gmail.com> wrote:

> вс, 17 янв. 2021 г. в 14:48, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>:
>>
>> After a short time (ahem, several years) of badgering of me my a
>> certain community member, I've finally gotten around to putting up a
>> cgit instance on our git server, to allow for browsing of the git
>> repositories. You can find this at:
>>
>> https://git.postgresql.org/cgit/
>>
>> or specifically for the postgresql git repo:
>>
>> https://git.postgresql.org/cgit/postgresql.git/
>

> Looks nice!
>
> First thing I've noted:
>
>    https://git.postgresql.org/cgit/postgresql.git/commit/960869da0803427d14335bba24393f414b476e2c
>
> silently shows another commit.

Where did you get that URL from?

And AFAICT, and URL like that in cgit shows the latest commit in the
repo, for the path that you entered (which in this case is the hash
put int he wrong place).

> Is it possible to make the scheme above work?
> Our gitweb (and also github) is using it, so I assume people are quite used to it.

I guess we could capture a specific "looks like a hash" and redirect
that, assuming we would never ever have anything in a path or filename
in any of our repositories that looks like a hash. That seems like
maybe it's a bit of a broad assumption?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/