From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: order of messages on www.p.o/list
Date
List pgsql-www
The date they're sorted by is the result of our
forgiving_date_decode() which can be found at
https://github.com/postgres/pgarchives/blob/master/loader/lib/parser.py#L424.
It definitely at least attempts to normalize timezones, including some
of the wonderfully creative ways that MUAs invent new timezones.

They will also be capped so that it will never accept dates that are
more than 4 hours into the future (which is surprisingly common,
because so many MUAs are badly configured)

One very common case of messages showing up "not at the end" is simply
that they took time to deliver. Either because they were stuck in
moderation, or because they were stuck in delivery somewhere along the
way.

I think that ordering them by the time they arrive at the archive
server is simply even more wrong, particularly when considering
moderation.

//Magnus