Re: Supporting Windows SChannel as OpenSSL replacement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Supporting Windows SChannel as OpenSSL replacement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 3:02 PM, Marko Kreen <markokr@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 09, 2014 at 02:45:08PM +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Thoughts? While we're at it, we'll probably want to refactor things
> so that it's easy to support other SSL implementations too, like
> gnutls.

One project that is proud to support several SSL implementations
is curl: http://curl.haxx.se/

Git: https://github.com/bagder/curl.git
Implementations: https://github.com/bagder/curl/tree/master/lib/vtls

List from vtls.c:

- OpenSSL
- GnuTLS
- NSS
- QsoSSL
- GSKit
- PolarSSL
- CyaSSL
- Schannel SSPI
- SecureTransport (Darwin)

We cannot reuse the code directly, but seems it's usable for
reference for various gotchas that need to be solved.

I did actually talk to Daniel at some point about turning that into a generalized library, and/or getting him interested in helping out with it. I can't remember where that ended up - I'll see if I can poke his interest :)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/