Re: Question regarding SSL code in backend and frontend - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Question regarding SSL code in backend and frontend
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 02:05, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> If anything, we should be changing it to TLSv1 in both client and
>> server, since every client out there now should be using that anyway,
>> given that the client has been specifying it for a long time.
>
> Huh?  libpq isn't every client.

True. I guess I was just assuming that JDBC (and npgsql i think?) were
using TLS - I would assume that to be the default in both Java and
.NET. We'd have to check that before making a change of course - and
I'm not convinced we need to make the change. But if we're making a
change to align those two with each other, that's the direction the
change should be in.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/