Re: Support for NSS as a libpq TLS backend - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Support for NSS as a libpq TLS backend
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 11:14 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> > On 3 Jun 2021, at 23:11, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >
> > Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
> >> I wonder if we should use SSL/TLS in more places in our documentation.
> >
> > No objection to doing that in the docs; I'm just questioning
> > switching the code-visible names.

+1.

I also don't think it's worth changing the actual names, I think
that'll cause more problems than it solves. But we can, and probably
should, change the messaging around it, particularly the docs (but
probably also comments in the config file).

> As long as it's still searchable by "SSL", "TLS" and "SSL/TLS" and not just the
> latter.

Agreed, making it searchable and easily cross-linkable.. And maybe
both terms should be in the glossary.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/