Re: Broken linkparsing in archives - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Broken linkparsing in archives
Date
List pgsql-www

On Wed, Nov 2, 2022 at 1:31 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
Looking at past announcements I noticed that Markdown links were parsed and/or
rendered incorrectly in the archives.  The example email that I noticed it on
was this:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/163724833494.26187.1931723451787420391@wrigleys.postgresql.org

..but it happens on all it seems, a more recent example:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/166472941958.662.2706300812023074847%40wrigleys.postgresql.org

The rendered links follow the same pattern, the last word in the markdown text
block is prepended to the url block and all of it added as the href:

[call for papers](https://2022.nordicpgday.org/cfp/)

becomes:

[call for <a href="http://papers](https://2022.nordicpgday.org/cfp/)" rel="nofollow">papers](https://2022.nordicpgday.org/cfp/)</a>

Is this a known issue?

Well, there is no markdown support at all :) So what happens comes out as a result of trying to extract links out of plaintext. This in turn is handled by the django urlize filter: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.2/ref/templates/builtins/#urlize

 Thus:

>>> from django.utils.html import urlize

And I'm not sure they *should* be considered, since the mime type of the body isn't markdown...

//Magnus