Re: BUG #16927: Postgres can`t access WAL files - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: BUG #16927: Postgres can`t access WAL files
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 4:14 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> writes:
> > There was a typo in one of my previous messages.  What I was referring
> > to is aaa3aedd.
>
> Ah, I was just about to ask what the heck aaaef7a referred to.
>
> Given the evidence that there's a problem, I agree with reverting
> that.  I'd suggest keeping the cosmetic rename of the function,
> but we have to put back the Windows-doesn't-HAVE_WORKING_LINK logic.

+1. I think the indications are definitely clear enough that this has
to go back in.

> Grepping in the v12 branch, I find a second use of HAVE_WORKING_LINK
> in contrib/pg_standby.  But that seems to be in a non-WIN32 code path,
> so I don't think putting that back is necessary.

.. and apart front aht I *really* doubt that one has many users,
especially on Windows :)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/