Re: Delay streaming replication using a paramter - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Delay streaming replication using a paramter
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Mahmoud Hakeem-Habeeb <Mahmoud.hakeem.habeeb@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
Firstly is it possible for me to delay streaming replication using

wal_sender_delay

or any other parameter.

No, you can't do delayed replication on streaming. You can do it if you use file based replication only.

Secondly is it possible or under what circumstance will a slave get corrupted from the master either a table of a database.

This is the reason i want to find out if it is possible to delay replication incase of any corruption of data not propagating to the slave.

I don't understand this question, so I can't answer it. Sorry.

//Magnus