Re: pg_stat_replication log positions vs base backups - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pg_stat_replication log positions vs base backups
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
Are the values for the log locations really relevant for backup connections? And if they are, we need to document it :) ISTM we are just more or less leaking random data out there?

I'm talking about the actual state=backup connection - not the connection if we're using -x with pg_basebackup. Where we have output like:

state            | backup
sent_location    | 0/0
write_location   | 2/76CE0000
flush_location   | 2/76CC0000
replay_location  | 2/76CBF938

I'm thinking those fields should probably all be NULL for state=backup?

In particular, it seems that in InitWalSenderSlot, we only initialize the sent location. Perhaps this is needed?

--
Attachment