Re: pg_basebackup stream xlog to tar - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pg_basebackup stream xlog to tar
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 2:02 PM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 2:37 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Except that it looks in pretty good to me, so I am switching that as
> ready for committer.

+       /*
+        * Create pg_xlog/archive_status (and thus pg_xlog) so we can write to
+        * basedir/pg_xlog as the directory entry in the tar file may arrive
+        * later.
+       snprintf(statusdir, sizeof(statusdir), "%s/pg_xlog/archive_status",
+                basedir);

This part conflicts with f82ec32, where you need make pg_basebackup
aware of the backend version.. I promise that's the last conflict, at
least I don't have more patches planned in the area.

It also broke the tests and invalidated some documentation. But it was easy enough to fix.

I've now applied this, so next time you get to do the merging :P Joking aside, please review and let me know if you can spot something I messed up in the final merge.

Thanks for your repeated reviews!