Re: pg_basebackup stream xlog to tar - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_basebackup stream xlog to tar
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 2:37 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Except that it looks in pretty good to me, so I am switching that as
> ready for committer.

+       /*
+        * Create pg_xlog/archive_status (and thus pg_xlog) so we can write to
+        * basedir/pg_xlog as the directory entry in the tar file may arrive
+        * later.
+       snprintf(statusdir, sizeof(statusdir), "%s/pg_xlog/archive_status",
+                basedir);

This part conflicts with f82ec32, where you need make pg_basebackup
aware of the backend version.. I promise that's the last conflict, at
least I don't have more patches planned in the area.
--
Michael