Re: Training approval policy on pg.org - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Training approval policy on pg.org
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 6:45 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> It is likely because we have in the past had lots of people advertise
>> training in bulk and then end up canceling most of them.
>
> We did.  The policy was specifically to address a couple of companies
> who were listing a training event every week, in order to upstage other
> training companies.

Yes.

An honest question to Damien though - do you actually expect to *run*
all these training sessions, or are you basicaly doing the same thing
- settings up lots of options and then plan to run the most popular
ones?

> I'll also add that the RSS-feed structure of the events feed doesn't
> really lend itself to listing 10-20 training events from various
> companies per month.  They'll completely swamp the non-training events.
>  If it's our goal to list every legit training event from any company,
> then I think we need a different mechanism for listing training events.

Given that we don't include training events in the RSS feed, I doubt
that's a problem in reality :P

And we already changed the view on the frontpage for that reason.

--Magnus HaganderMe: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/