Re: Training approval policy on pg.org - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Training approval policy on pg.org
Date
List pgsql-www
> It is likely because we have in the past had lots of people advertise
> training in bulk and then end up canceling most of them.

We did.  The policy was specifically to address a couple of companies
who were listing a training event every week, in order to upstage other
training companies.

I'll also add that the RSS-feed structure of the events feed doesn't
really lend itself to listing 10-20 training events from various
companies per month.  They'll completely swamp the non-training events.If it's our goal to list every legit training
eventfrom any company,

then I think we need a different mechanism for listing training events.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.