Re: Renaming of pg_xlog and pg_clog - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Renaming of pg_xlog and pg_clog
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 2:45 AM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:
On 8/26/16 4:08 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
Splitting of ephemeral data seems to have a benefit, the rest seems more
like rather noisy busywork to me.

People accidentally blowing away pg_clog or pg_xlog is a pretty common occurrence, and I don't think there's all that many tools that reference them. I think it's well worth renaming them.

Pretty sure every single backup tool or script out there is referencing pg_xlog. If it's not, then it's broken...

pg_clog is a different story of course.