Re: How to observe plan_cache_mode transition from custom to generic plan? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Michael
Subject Re: How to observe plan_cache_mode transition from custom to generic plan?
Date
List pgsql-general

On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 10:38 AM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
On Thu, 2021-09-09 at 16:51 +0200, Richard Michael wrote:
> > > 2/ EXPLAIN EXECUTE of prepared statement doesn't show query text, as the
> > > documentation seems to imply.  Should it?
> >
> > Yes, and it does for me - see below.
>
> I do not see the query text in your EXPLAIN EXECUTE output.  Perhaps I am misusing terminology?

My sloppiness.  You are right, it does not show the query text.  But no EXPLAIN
shows the query text, right?

That seems to be correct, yes.

Somewhat related, I noted in my reply to Tom that `auto_explain` does log the query text,
and ExplainQueryText() was added to commands/explain.c for just that purpose.  auto_explain is
the only code which uses that function.

Regards,
richard

Yours,