Re: Is there any technical reason why "alter table .. set not null" can't use index? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gus Spier
Subject Re: Is there any technical reason why "alter table .. set not null" can't use index?
Date
List pgsql-general
Would it help to create a new not null column in the target table, and then update the table by copying values from old
columnto the new, not null column? Of course you’d have to ignore errors, etc. but wouldn’t that perform at enough for
yourneeds?

Sent from my iPhone