Re: Slow Query Help - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: Slow Query Help
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Will Platnick <wplatnick@gmail.com> wrote:
> We upgraded from PG 9.1 to 9.2. Since the upgrade, the # of active queries
> has raised significantly, especially during our peak time where lots of
> users are logging in.  According to New Relic, this query is now taking up
> the most amount of time during peak activity and my pg_stat_activity and
> slow log sampling agrees. We have 3 DB servers referenced here, production
> running 9.2.2, semi-idle (idle except for replication when I ran the test)
> running 9.2.2, and 9.1.3 completely idle with an old dump restored.

The only thing that stands out is: on your production server I see
"Total runtime: 7.515 ms", but the top node in EXPLAIN ANAYZE shows
actual time as 0.179 ms. Not sure where that additional time is being
spent though. It could be ExecutorStart/End, but have no idea why they
should take so long.

Thanks,
Pavan
--