Re: Slow Query Help - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Will Platnick
Subject Re: Slow Query Help
Date
List pgsql-performance
Good eye, I totally missed that!

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this delay?

On Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM, Pavan Deolasee wrote:

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Will Platnick <wplatnick@gmail.com> wrote:
We upgraded from PG 9.1 to 9.2. Since the upgrade, the # of active queries
has raised significantly, especially during our peak time where lots of
users are logging in. According to New Relic, this query is now taking up
the most amount of time during peak activity and my pg_stat_activity and
slow log sampling agrees. We have 3 DB servers referenced here, production
running 9.2.2, semi-idle (idle except for replication when I ran the test)
running 9.2.2, and 9.1.3 completely idle with an old dump restored.

The only thing that stands out is: on your production server I see
"Total runtime: 7.515 ms", but the top node in EXPLAIN ANAYZE shows
actual time as 0.179 ms. Not sure where that additional time is being
spent though. It could be ExecutorStart/End, but have no idea why they
should take so long.

Thanks,
Pavan
--