Re: Patch: Write Amplification Reduction Method (WARM) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: Patch: Write Amplification Reduction Method (WARM)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 4:07 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

Noted few cosmetic issues in 0005_warm_updates_v21:

1.
pruneheap.c(939): warning C4098: 'heap_get_root_tuples' : 'void'
function returning a value

Thanks. Will fix.

2.
+ *  HCWC_WARM_UPDATED_TUPLE - a tuple with HEAP_WARM_UPDATED is found somewhere
+ *    in the chain. Note that when a tuple is WARM
+ *    updated, both old and new versions are marked
+ *    with this flag/
+ *
+ *  HCWC_WARM_TUPLE  - a tuple with HEAP_WARM_TUPLE is found somewhere in
+ *  the chain.
+ *
+ *  HCWC_CLEAR_TUPLE - a tuple without HEAP_WARM_TUPLE is found somewhere in
+ *   the chain.

Description of all three flags is same.

Well the description is different (and correct), but given that it confused you, I think I should rewrite those comments. Will do.

3.
+ *  HCWC_WARM_UPDATED_TUPLE - a tuple with HEAP_WARM_UPDATED is found somewhere
+ *    in the chain. Note that when a tuple is WARM
+ *    updated, both old and new versions are marked
+ *    with this flag/

Spurious '/' at end of line.

Thanks. Will fix.

Thanks,