Re: Patch: Write Amplification Reduction Method (WARM) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: Patch: Write Amplification Reduction Method (WARM)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 1:06 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Pavan Deolasee <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> wrote:

> The other way is to pass old tuple values along with the new tuple values to
> amwarminsert, build index tuples and then do a comparison. For duplicate
> index tuples, skip WARM inserts.

This is more what I was thinking.  But maybe one of the other ideas
you wrote here is better; not sure.

Ok. I think I suggested this as one of the ideas upthread, to support hash indexes for example. This might be a good safety-net, but AFAIC what we have today should work since we pretty much construct index tuples in a consistent way before doing a comparison.

Thanks,
Pavan