Re: [OT] why not keeping the original column name in catalog after a drop? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: [OT] why not keeping the original column name in catalog after a drop?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it> wrote:

I'm wondering what is the problem in placing the old/original name
after the "pg.dropped" prefix. I know that the tuple in pg_attribute
is temporary, but what are the possible conflicts the comment talks
about?

May be when a column with the same name is added and again dropped ? Of course, we can have the attribute number and column name both to avoid conflict.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee