Re: pg_temp schema created while using DB Link - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jill Jade
Subject Re: pg_temp schema created while using DB Link
Date
Re: pg_temp schema created while using DB Link  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello

We do not have any temporary tables in the Oracle database. The temporary schema is created only while using the db_link. These temp schemas (pg_temp, pg_toast) are not disappearing even after restarting the database.

These are empty schemas that do not contain anything (tables, views etc). And these schemas keep on increasing each time the query using the db_link is run.

Why the db_link is causing these schemas? Is there any issue with db_link?

Thanks

Regards,
Jill

On Fri, 8 May 2020 at 10:36, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
On Fri, 2020-05-08 at 10:11 +0400, Jill Jade wrote:
> We have an issue with DB_Link from Oracle to PostgreSQL. When we try to access tables from
> Oracle database via DB_link, temp schemas(pg_temp,pg_toast) are automatically created
> in the database while using the query below.
>
> create table as select * from table@oralink
>
> Even if we reload the database, the temp schemas are still there.
>
> Do you know the reason why the temp schemas are being created with DB_link?
> Does anyone has a solution for this problem?

These schemas contain temporary tables and are not connected to your connection
from Oracle (unless you create temporary tables via that connection).

They are an implementation detail and should not bother you.

What is your problem with these schemmas?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe