Re: Implementing a new Scripting Language - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vladimir Sitnikov
Subject Re: Implementing a new Scripting Language
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> If the pl/v8 was easily ported to Windows then I probably wouldn't even try to add Lucee,

That is a good question. ChakraCore has been open sourced recently. It
might be easier to build under Windows.

>That seems like a good place to start, thanks
I am not sure you would be able to bind high performance java runtime
with the backend. There are no that many JREs, and not much of them
are good at "in-backend" operation.

Thus your question boils down to 2 possibilities:
1) You execute Lucee in some JRE that runs in the backend (frankly
speaking, I doubt it is a good way to go)
2) You implement Lucee parser/executor/compiler in C and use it as
typical PostgreSQL extension

Vladimir