Re: Implementing a new Scripting Language - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Igal @ Lucee.org
Subject Re: Implementing a new Scripting Language
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/27/2016 9:57 AM, Vladimir Sitnikov wrote:
> That is a good question. ChakraCore has been open sourced recently. It
> might be easier to build under Windows.
interesting.  but now we will need to write an extension for that, e.g.
PL/Chakra, which brings back my original question:
are there any docs as to how to implement a new scripting language? ;)
> I am not sure you would be able to bind high performance java runtime
> with the backend. There are no that many JREs, and not much of them
> are good at "in-backend" operation.
>
> Thus your question boils down to 2 possibilities:
> 1) You execute Lucee in some JRE that runs in the backend (frankly
> speaking, I doubt it is a good way to go)
yes, that's what I had in mind.  I wasn't thinking of an embedded JRE.
TBH I didn't think there were any of those until your email.

thanks,

Igal