Re: Implementing a new Scripting Language - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Igal @ Lucee.org
Subject Re: Implementing a new Scripting Language
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/27/2016 9:58 AM, jflack wrote:
> I just did a quick search on Lucee and what I found suggests that
> it compiles to JVM bytecode and runs on a JVM. If that is the
> case, and it can compile methods that will have the sort of
> method signatures PL/Java expects, and you can put the .class
> files in a jar and load it, your job should be just about done. :)
yes, Lucee uses ASM4 to construct class files which are mostly POJOs
> Or, you might end up writing thin wrappers in Java, probably
> nothing more.
>
> Another possibility: Java has pluggable script engine support
> (java specification request 233, see the javax.script package).
> Does Lucee have an existing JSR 233 engine implementation?
the next version of Lucee (currently in Beta) does support JSR-223,
which I actually mentioned as a viable solution in my first email in
this thread.  That would be awesome if PL/Java would support JSR-223.

thanks,

Igal