Re: Pre-processing during build - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Vladimir Sitnikov
Subject Re: Pre-processing during build
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
> The answer is pretty simple: Try it out. :-)
>
> Just compile a JRE 8 class down to byte code level 6 and load it on Java
> level 7. That's what I proposed. Nothing else. It really bet will work
> unless you try to INSTANTIATE JRE-only classes, but it should LOAD. And
> nothing more we need.

Markus, can you please be more explicit in your suggestion?

I did try a simple "Hello, world" and it does not run in stock JDKs of
MacOS: https://gist.github.com/vlsi/aeeb4a61d9c2b67ad213
Even if you manage to make that fly, that would be built on sand.

If you read Spring java support blog post
(https://spring.io/blog/2015/04/03/how-spring-achieves-compatibility-with-java-6-7-and-8),
you'll spot that they use separate _classes_ to isolate JDK8 features.

Vladimir