Re: Pre-processing during build - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Vladimir Sitnikov
Subject Re: Pre-processing during build
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
> Also AFAIK JDBC spec does not say reflection MUST be possible, does it?

Does the spec say anything on reflection might not being available?

I can easily imagine application that uses reflection, cglib, etc to
call/manage/pool connections, statements.
Can you list a couple of libraries that forbid reflection usage?

I think it is uncommon in java when a class that implements some
public API fails to "getMethods".

> Wrong. 12.1.1 contains more restriction on the initial class

Can you please cite that "restriction"?

> That is what you see in the difference of you initial example to mine on Gist. :-)

False. It was obvious from the start (see stacktrace) that it was
java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods that failed.
If the restriction exists indeed, another example is required to
highlight that. My examples are doomed to die of reflection.

Vladimir