Re: Pre-processing during build - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Vladimir Sitnikov
Subject Re: Pre-processing during build
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Stephen>However, this is orthogonal to the discussion I'd like to have
about the pre-processing used during the build process.

If I understand well, we all agree that pre-processing should be
dodged in the future.

I think it might be easier (from development and testing points of
view) to do the following:
1) remove source pre-processing in the current Ant build. That should
be rather trivial.
2) mavenize

That would eliminate "complex preprocessing" in the maven
configuration. Even if that processing is "easy" it would still take
time to review and test, and we would drop that pre-processing anyway.

Any objections?

PS. I could file a PR for removing pre-processing, however I am afraid
you'll kill me for that many PRs to review.
PPS. I've added my review comments to 3 of 4 non-mine PRs.

Vladimir