Re: Backend protocol wanted features - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Vladimir Sitnikov
Subject Re: Backend protocol wanted features
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Can you provide an example which items require "changes" to backend
protocol and which do not?

Personally, I do not care if it would be named v3.0.1 or v4

I think almost all the features can be implemented on top of current
v3 messages by customizing payload (e.g. protobuf over
NotificationMessage stuff).
Just pick one and I'll elaborate :) Please, do not pick "Uniform
headers (type byte)"

In fact, it is up to backend developers to identify if a new version
of the protocol is required or a new message is required or whatever
is required to meed the requirements.

Vladimir