Re: BUG #14243: pg_basebackup failes by a STATUS_DELETE_PENDING file - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #14243: pg_basebackup failes by a STATUS_DELETE_PENDING file
Date
Re: BUG #14243: pg_basebackup failes by a STATUS_DELETE_PENDING file  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 9:09 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 11:00 PM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 10:48 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hah. Yeah, that patch was coded-without-compiling as a poc of how to do it.
>>> Would've definitely needed a round of testing before applying :)
>>
>> As long as I look at that, it gives the attached.
>>
>> Takatsuka-san, others, it would be great if you could test this patch
>> and see if the problem goes away as I have not been able to reproduce
>> the bug myself..
>
> I have added an entry in the CF for that:

I gave this bug another try and let Windows run for some time but I
cannot reproduce the original failure even with manual checkpointing
and aggressive checkpoint_timeout, while truncating relations heavily
with pgbench to enforce the deletion of relfilenodes. To all, do you
think that having a large relfilenode file matters to trigger this
issue?

Could it be possible to get more testing as well? We won't go far as
long as we have not checked that the issue gets fixed by the proposed
patch in a place where the problem is able to show up.
--
Michael