Re: [HACKERS] Allow interrupts on waiting standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Allow interrupts on waiting standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 5:45 AM, Peter Eisentraut
> On 1/30/17 20:34, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> Both things are fixed in the new version attached. I have added as
>> well this patch to the next commit fest:
>> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/13/977/
>
> I'm not clear now what this patch is intending to accomplish, seeing
> that the original issue has already been fixed.

This makes ResolveRecoveryConflictWithVirtualXIDs() more responsive if
the process is signaled, as the wait in pg_usleep can go up to 1s if
things remain stuck for a long time.
--
Michael