Re: Expanding the use of FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER for declarations like foo[1] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Expanding the use of FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER for declarations like foo[1]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 4:59 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:

> Attached are 3 more patches to improve the coverage (being careful
> this time with calls of offsetof and sizeof...):
> - 0001 covers varlena in c.h
> - 0002 covers HeapTupleHeaderData and MinimalTupleData, with things
> changed in code paths of reorderbuffer and decoder
> - 0003 changes RecordIOData, used in hstore, rowtypes and json functions
>
> Even with this set applied, the following things remain in backend code:
> $ git grep "VARIABLE LENGTH" | grep "[1]"
> [stuff]

Attached is a new series. 0001 and 0002 are the same, 0003 and 0004
the backend structures listed previously. I noticed as well that
indexed_tlist in setrefs.c meritates some attention.

Regards,
--
Michael

Attachment