Re: Improvement of versioning on Windows, take two - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Improvement of versioning on Windows, take two
Date
Re: Improvement of versioning on Windows, take two
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 11:47 PM, MauMau <maumau307@gmail.com> wrote:
> From: "Michael Paquier" <michael.paquier@gmail.com>
> Yes, the build succeeded.  I confirmed that the following files have version
> info.  However, unlike other files, they don't have file description.  Is
> this intended?
> bin\isolationtester.exe
> bin\pg_isolation_regress
> bin\pg_regress.exe
> bin\pg_regress_ecpg.exe
> bin\zic.exe

No... But after some additional hacking on this, I have been able to
complete that. This has for example required the addition of a new
function called AddUtilityResourceFile in Project.pm that is able to
scan a Makefile within a given folder and to extract PGFILEDESC and
PGAPPICON values that are then used to create a win32ver.rc in the
targetted build folder. Note that on MinGW all those exe/dll had file
description and version number even with previous version.

> lib\regress.dll
With MinGW, this had no file description and no version number. Of
course that was the same with MSVC. Fixed.

> lib\dict_snowball.dll has no version properties.
On MSVC there were no file description and no version number. On
MinGW, I saw a version number. Thanks for spotting that, I've fixed
it.

Regards,
--
Michael