Re: BUG #13594: pg_ctl.exe redirects stderr to Windows Events Log if stderr is redirected to pipe - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #13594: pg_ctl.exe redirects stderr to Windows Events Log if stderr is redirected to pipe
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 11:18 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> brolga is still unhappy:
>
>> ... Now, backbranches are proving that compiling pg_ctl.c with those
>> routines copied in it actually works fine, so based on my limited time
>> for the next couple of days, it may be better to just revert the patch
>> entirely on HEAD and apply what has been pushed into back branches to
>> stabilize the buildfarm, this will address the bug entirely. And it is
>> no good to keep the buildfarm red for long,
>
> Hm, narwhal just reported in green, which I was not expecting, and so did
> frogmouth.  So brolga seems like an outlier.  I think reverting might be
> an overreaction.  At this point the question is more like "how is brolga
> different from the other non-MSVC Windows critters?".  Perhaps Andrew
> can offer some insight.

That's a good sign at least :)

Looking at the logs, the main difference is that win32security.c is
not compiled in -lpgport for cygwin, and cygwin goes through
src/include/port/win32.h to refer to some routines, so I would think
that the correct fix is to add win32security.c to the list of OBJS for
cygwin. So the attached is correct perhaps? That's a blind fix I don't
have cygwin set up on my machines now.
--
Michael

Attachment