Re: BUG #13594: pg_ctl.exe redirects stderr to Windows Events Log if stderr is redirected to pipe - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #13594: pg_ctl.exe redirects stderr to Windows Events Log if stderr is redirected to pipe
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 11:18 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> brolga is still unhappy:

> ... Now, backbranches are proving that compiling pg_ctl.c with those
> routines copied in it actually works fine, so based on my limited time
> for the next couple of days, it may be better to just revert the patch
> entirely on HEAD and apply what has been pushed into back branches to
> stabilize the buildfarm, this will address the bug entirely. And it is
> no good to keep the buildfarm red for long,

Hm, narwhal just reported in green, which I was not expecting, and so did
frogmouth.  So brolga seems like an outlier.  I think reverting might be
an overreaction.  At this point the question is more like "how is brolga
different from the other non-MSVC Windows critters?".  Perhaps Andrew
can offer some insight.

            regards, tom lane