Re: Small memory leak in execute.c of ECPG driver - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Small memory leak in execute.c of ECPG driver
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 5:35 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> I think there are more similar leaks nearby. After the first hunk, there's
> another if-check with "return false" that also leaks mallocedval. Right
> after the two other hunks, if the ecpg_realloc fails, we again leak
> mallocedval.
Yes, I found some extra ones by re-reading the code again with newcopy
(2) as well as mallocedval (1) as you mentioned.

> I wonder why Coverity didn't warn about those? Maybe it would've, after
> fixing the first ones.
Hard to say. Perhaps it gives up after finding one failure in a code
path, or perhaps it would have found it after a version update.. In
any case, an updated patch is attached.
--
Michael

Attachment