Re: BUG #14915: Create sub-partitioning using GENERATED ALWAYS ASIDENTITY will lead to system collapse. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #14915: Create sub-partitioning using GENERATED ALWAYS ASIDENTITY will lead to system collapse.
Date
Responses Re: BUG #14915: Create sub-partitioning using GENERATED ALWAYS ASIDENTITY will lead to system collapse.  (Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 10:52 AM,  <691525127@qq.com> wrote:
> However, the server connection failed in actual implementation.
> What is the reason for that? Will it be a bug?

This issue is already discussed here, happening as well for typed
tables (original bug is about typed tables, I bumped into the
partition bit after more testing):
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20171023074458.1473.25799@wrigleys.postgresql.org
There is a patch which actually blocks any hole with an error message
instead of actual support as this feature support requires a bit of
refactoring when working on constraint clauses at parsing. And that's
a work about which we are not completely sure what's the best
direction to take, so for v10 things will likely go through the road
of a feature-not-supported error.
--
Michael